Gonjasufi - Kowboyz & Indians (Warp)

on Sunday 7 February 2010
I remember back in the day when Warp was one of my staple label,s alongside Domino, Geographic, Too Pure and Kindercore, ever reliable for IDM and playful melodic electronica like Plone. Sadly like other labels i adored at one time FatCat and Leaf, they seem to have slipped out of my circle of listening, maybe it was Maximo Park, who knows.

I really didn't know what to expect from this but the simplistic boy-ish cover was enough to make me curious and I'm so glad I did. This is like nothing I've heard before or even remotely within my normal radar of musical taste but its simply amazing, this is where its at.

Coming on like Lee Hazlewood or Buck 65 stealing the mic at a Bhangra karaoke night, "Cowboys and Indians, Real Cowboys and Real Indians...I'm turning John Wayne into another John Doe" Awesome, maybe too good, Sheep from the forthcoming album is maybe better still, a completely different kettle of fish but genius all the same.

0 comments: