The Smittens & Noah & The Whale

on Wednesday 3 December 2008

Its been too long, yet again i've been snowed under with all sorts and three weddings in five weeks, two family members (obviously not marrying each other) and a close friend.

I have heard so much good music of late i really don't know where to start...

Firstly with some good old pop music i guess

Noah and the Whale have been making me smile for some time, a husky voice not a million miles away from Shady Bard but a whole lot poppier, i've mostly been won over by the horn led Shape of my Heart regularly soundtracking my short drive to work and putting in a fine mood, well for a short while at least. Just lately the two preceeding tracks have been firmly routing themselves in my subconciousness, the wonderful Jocasta and the lyrically sublime 2 Atoms and One Molecule. Lovely Stuff.

And if love is just a game
Then how come it's no fun?
If love is just a game
How come I've never won?
I guess maybe it's possible I might be playing it wrong
And that's why every time I roll the dice
I always come undone

But now I look at love
Like being stabbed in the heart
You torture each other from day to day
And then one day you part
Most of the time it's misery
But there's some joy at the start
And for that, I'd say it's worth it

Website
Noah and the Whale - Shape of My Heart mp3

Source: Music For Ants



For full on Elephant Six esque pop look no further than The Smittens who have recently released a great album on the legendary Happy Happy Birthday To Me Label, bringing back memories of one of my favourite pop bands ever Fablefactory and the adorable Essex Green, no bad thing if i may say so myself.

The Smittens - The Interstate mp3

Source: False 45th

More Soon...ish

0 comments: